Lesson 1 of 0
Aeromatic Whites (Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling)
- Meg tasted: Rob Dolan True Colours Sauvignon Blanc, Yarra Valley
- Top Australian Regions: Adelaide Hills, Yarra Valley, Margaret River
- Colour: Generally pale, with a green tinge or water white
- Aromas: Cut grass, gooseberry, grapefruit, passionfruit, fruit salad
- Palate: High acid, lighter in body, flavours should reflect the aromas
- Food pairing: Shellfish, oysters, prawns
- Meg tasted: Pikes Traditionale Riesling, Clare Valley
- Top Australian regions: Clare Valley, Eden Valley, Coonawarra
- Colour: Pale lemon green in youth, as it gets older it will become a deeper gold.
- Aromas: Look for citrus! Lemon, lime, white flowers (ie honeysuckle,blossom) With age, petrol and kerosene (a good thing!)
- Palate: High acid, moderate alcohol. Lime, wet stone, light bodied. May have some sugar – but most from Australia will be dry.
- Food pairing: Anything with high-fat like pork terrine, bacon – the acid will cut through, leaving your palate ‘clean’